Thursday, 16 April 2015

Day Twenty-Eight: Burnt Curry

Today happened to be the office potluck. We seemed to have timed this trip better than we realised.

We did our grocery shopping and planned to bring a pot of curry. It's one of our favourite dishes. Easy and delicious. Throw a bunch of vegetables and chick peas into the pot with coconut milk and spices, and just let it simmer.

The guest house here has a gas stove and I noticed that the flame didn't seem to change size despite me turning the dial down. I was working on the computer while I made the curry and must have gotten stuck in something.

I smelled it first. I looked up and the room was filled with smoke. I burned the curry. Fiercely. The bottom half inch was charcoal and was actively pushing smoke up through the rest of the food. It was completely ruined.

The beautiful thing is that it didn't matter. There was tonnes of food at the potluck. We enjoyed praising and praying to God with our colleagues and no one went hungry. Living in community means that we help each other in our weaknesses and mistakes so that we are all lifted up in our times of need.

Bonnie 

No comments:

Post a Comment