Saturday, 25 April 2015

Day Thirty-Seven: Beautiful Manila?


I have a confession to make: I have had a bit of a bad attitude about Manila. As much as we love the Philippines, and Davao in particular, I have kind of dreaded having to go to Manila. The past few days, though, have really softened my heart towards this city.

We've been staying with one of my colleagues and his family (fellow Canadians!) at their home here in Manila for the past few days. They've shown us a side of Manila that we haven't really seen before. These people really love Manila and they have opened our eyes to beauty here that we would not have known about.

As we move today from Manila back to Bangkok, I am grateful for the opportunity to say goodbye to Manila with much more affection than I have had for this place in the past.

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment