Sometime in the last week, we wandered past a shop that had signs for delicious looking giant cream puffs. We were on our way somewhere and couldn't get them at the time but we knew we wanted to try them soon.
Yesterday we were back at the same mall that we had seen them. Or so we thought. We scoured the floor with all the little bake shops where we had been but to no avail. Store directories and Google couldn't help us. We had failed in our quest.
After more in-depth searching, we found reference to the shop online! It is a chain and has more than one shop in Bangkok. Tonight we found them.
It was was totally worth it! These aren't your normal little profiteroles. These are huge Japanese style flavoured cream or custard filled pastries. Absolutely beautiful. I chose the chocolate filled one this time and the first bite brought me memories of going to the malt shop in KP mall with my folks when I was a kid. By the end the light chocolate cream tasted more like a frothy mousse.
Evan went with the salted caramel. Meh. I'm looking forward to trying the matcha next. I think Evan might go with the macadamia one.
Hopefully I'll write about something other than food soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment